Jump to navigation Jump to search
The jupyter notebook is a great tool for experimenting with python code and document it in one go.
A notebook consists of cells that have Code or Markdown text in it.
- dd delete cell
- a paste a new empty cell above the current cell
- b paste a new empty cell below the current cell
- y change cell type to code
- m change cell type to markdown
- c copy cell
- v paste copied cell below current cell
- h show help
- <esc> Leave cell context
- <enter> Enter cell context
- <shift><enter> Run cell code or render markdown.
To execute shell command start the cell with a !
E.g. to install a new module:
!pip install <modulename>
- Time a command with output
- time <commmand>
- Time a command running it 100000 times, no output
- %timeit <commmand>